A Bit About Me

It has been three years since I started high school and yet, nothing feels like it has changed. I'm now a senior with no concrete clue of where I'm heading. The future seems foggy as I am being forced to pursue the medical field and the pressure that I've known for years hasn't subsided since middle school. There's so many colleges to choose from and even will all the time I have left it's going to run out before I know it. The challenge comes with standing up to what they want me to be and pushing to be myself.

There's only one thing that has made feel like I belong: the arts. Ever since I saw a theatre performance at my school (as shown above), I was hooked. In my theatre class, I am able to embody the character of whoever I'm scripted to play. Despite not understanding social cues or how to properly communicate with others, on the stage it is not that way. On the stage I can shine. 

In dance, all of the anger I feel daily washes away. The genre of song doesn't stop me from feeling the rhythm and going with the flow of the tune. I may look like a wobbling skeleton (hence the drawing above), but my confidence overshadows the way I may view myself. One day I will be able to showcase this ability in front of others. For now, my audience is my stuffed shark.

Drawing has always been a crucial part of my life, dating all the way back to elementary school. The way I am able to express myself through the original characters and settings I create is unmatched. I may not be extraordinary at it, but one should be able to enjoy things without necessarily being incredibly amazing at them. In my most recent digital drawing shown above, I was attempting a portrait after not being able to produce anything for months.

My step brother's $2,000 camera.
Attempting to perfect camera shots as practice.

The process of film making has always been an interest of mine. From an early age I would film short movies with my dolls and years later I was borrowing my step brother's $2,000 camera to try and perfect my shots. For every one of my favorite movies I have watched countless behind the scenes videos, joyfully engaged in the production process. I was amazed by the stunning performances of actors and actresses, how sound made an important difference to scene layouts, and the gorgeous camera shots that convey intense meanings of the scenes. I was surprised my school had the course in the first place and without hesitation, I made sure to choose it. I'm hoping as I create the final product, I will finally figure out what I'm going to do with my life after high school.


All drawings were originally created; All photos were originally taken by me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Syllabus Reflection