Syllabus Reflection

The moment I saw that this course was available I was very excited. My dad had previously told me his experiences in media studies, exploring and researching the wide genre of national and international films. I knew I wanted to take this class from that very moment.

As you can tell from the drawings I created above, I'm very split on how to feel. I am looking forward to studying different types of camera shots, how movement is incorporated to enhance the film, behind the scenes process in editing shots, and how sound is created to amplify what is being projected. Due to storyboarding also being a part of filmmaking, I can finally learn how it is properly done. However, I'm very nervous about collaborating with other students. I have never been very good at fitting in with a group and have always been the shadow of others. The final product that we are making has to be made individually, which puts more pressure on me who has a lot of trouble with relying on myself to get the task done. Keeping track of the blog is going to be difficult as I am not at all adequate at sticking to a concise schedule.

Even with all of these doubts, what I hope to gain from this course include experience in editing, storyboarding,  filming, and a more confidence in collaborating. This will greatly benefit me if I choose to go into this field of study in the future.


All drawings created are original.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Bit About Me

Introduction